Thursday, September 17, 2009

Anti Thesis

One thing has always bothered me about this episode..when they first go to Nicole's apartment Bobby asks her about skinny dipping in Parsons Pleasure..now, if either of them knew anything at all about Oxford they would know that Parsons Pleasure (before it closed) was strictly men only. If I'm feeling generous I would put it down to Bobby being clever and trying to trick her, but mostly I just feel irritated.

Edit: Parsons Pleasure was a nude swimming area on the River Cherwell, mostly used by Dons from the University.If it had still been open Nicole could have used Dames Delight, the female equivalent

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he was being clever ;0)

fuzzytweetie said...

What is Parsons Pleasure? Maybe Bobby knew about a way that men would sneak in "ladies".

val said...

It obviously closed before I even knew it had ever been open!

I applied to Oxford. My French teacher swore he could get me in.

He didn't.

JoJo said...

LOL!!!! I had no idea that was a men's only thing. I didn't even know it was a real thing! Was it a fountain or a pond?

jazzy said...

Don't mention "nude swimming area" in combination with Bobby. Gosh, how can I sleep tonight???

Madi said...

Yeah, I know about the irritation part, I always get like that everytime writers/movies makers don't do their homework on Romanian stuff...

Other than that... one of my favourite episode! Bobby & Nicole at their finest :-D

UrVxn said...

Hi Gal, Sorry I haven't written lately. Will do so on Monday or Tuesday. Just a note to say....have you read the latest on CI for season 9??? One just came through and hour ago PDT. Doesn't sound good at all! As the critic put it "USA is 'f--kin' it up"! the only ones for sure that are returning is Rodgers and Ross!! What a mess!! Lets hope for the best. Hope to be on track soon. Medical problems all around. Eliza, I did receive the discs you cut for me. Haven't tried all yet, but some are not finalized and won't play. Catch you later!!! Take care Jane from Oregon.