Sunday, October 14, 2012

When Is A Crisis Not A Crisis?

When some idiot cuts through the landline by your mothers house and your mother forgets to charge her mobile, thats when.....

We have a routine, I call her at 7pm every night, just to check everything is ok...so Friday I tried to call her for 2 hours (if I hear a voicemail message once more I will scream) with no joy..panicking, I rush up there, only to find her drinking tea with her neighbour, who also had no phone service...instant collapse on my part :)

4 comments:

val said...

What a worry for you. Glad it turned out she was OK. Sorry you weren't!

Sandy said...

I know all about moms, but she has lived with me for 13 years now, so at least I don't have the phone worry!

vikeau said...

Eliza, I'M 53 years old-- it's the same thing with my Mom although she'll start calling the siblings to find out if they've talked to me and have them start calling me as well even though I've left a message on her answering machine. You're a Mom and it will be like that forever. God Bless you.


mauigirl said...

Oh Eliza, I understand that feeling. Between our kids living away and our elderly parents living away, it's a wonder we're even sane. Or are we? :0